Unique Aspects Of The Book are:
- Explanation through a logical mechanical analogy that is easy to follow: The book explains SIAM through a fluid pump analogy that describes all the components and information flow through a logical mechanical model which makes it easy to follow and relate to.
- More than ITSM: Book explains SIAM from Service Management perspective addressing challenges related to service consolidation & integration, mergers & acquisitions, demergers & spin-offs.
- Beyond multi-sourcing and supplier management: The book tries to explore the concept of SIAM to its true potential. i.e beyond the perceived boundaries of managing multisource businesses and supplier management. The book describes SIAM as a framework to complete service management for any business, not just IT.
- SIAM for service in current & future market dynamics: Book introduces several concepts like Return on Value, Total Cost of Consumption, managing digital assets of an organization and COB matrix for reporting besides a set of systems and processes that are important to make SIAM framework/model adoption a success.
- Comprehensive coverage of SIAM lifecycle form transition and delivery perspective: All stages of SIAM lifecycle are described form both delivery and transition perspective, making the book useful for consultants and delivery managers alike.
- Clear governance model with roles and responsibilities defined: The book clearly defines roles and responsibilities required for setting up and running SIAM effectively. The roles are extensive and scalable to any size of the organization.
- Templates for real time use in projects and operations: Practical and highly useful templates are included in the book which can be used in live projects straight away. Templates are included for operations, transitions and design of SIAM.
- Special emphasis on implementation of SIAM projects: All important aspects that are needed to be considered for SIAM implementation are covered. Step by step guide to implement the model is provided with guidance on policy, process, tools and governance (SIAM – program, projects and operations).
- Unique illustrations to explain and describe SIAM concepts: The Fluid-Pump model provides a unique illustration to SIAM, while explaining key systems and components graphically. The model is easy to assimilate and can be used to develop deployment plan for any specific organizational need.